Auburn, South Australia
 

Auburn - Auburn was originally known as Tateham's Waterhole after William 'Billy' Tateham. The land upon which the town grew had been granted to Thomas Henry Williams in 1849.  By 1856, he had broken it into lots and named the town Auburn after a town of the same name in Ireland.

Links

Auburn - South Australia (Auburn Community Development Committee)

Auburn, South Australia (Wikipedia)


Churches

  1. St John Anglican Church (St Vincent St, Auburn).  Built 1862.
    Auburn SA - St John's Anglican (Australian Church Histories)

  2. St John Lutheran Church (Curling St, Auburn).  Built 1869.  Formerly a Primitive Methodist Church.  Purchased by the Lutheran Church in 1927.
    Auburn SA - St John's Lutheran (Australian Church Histories)

  3. Methodist Church built 1866 (Elder St, Auburn).

  4. Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church (Elder St, Auburn).  Church purchased from Methodists 1913.
    Auburn SA - Our Lady of Peace Catholic (Australian Church Histories)

  5. Uniting Church (corner Main North Rd and Henry St, Auburn).  Built in 1861 as Bible Christian Chapel .
    Auburn SA - Uniting (Australian Church Histories)


Cemeteries

  1. St John’s Anglican Cemetery (St Vincent St, Auburn).

  2. Auburn Cemetery (Moores Rd, Auburn)
    Auburn Cemetery (Australian Cemeteries - main page)
    Auburn Cemetery (Australian Cemeteries - data)
    Auburn Cemetery (German Headstones)
    Auburn Cemetery (headstone list - GraveSecrets)


Links

Auburn (Manning Index of South Australian History)

Auburn, South Australia (Wikipedia)

Auburn - the historic gateway to the Clare Valley

Auburn (South Australian Tourism Commission)